Sunday, June 5, 2011

Ugh...

I spent a great afternoon and evening at my sisters, hanging out in her pool with Alissa, diving for sticks and rings for like 3 hours! It was a blast, but something happened to my left knee while I was in the pool.  And now...it makes this horrible popping noise with every step, it's swollen and it's painful.  I just walked through the grocery store looking foolish with my limp.  It kinda looked like I was trying to be a pimp! HA!

Then last night as I was pulling into the driveway, my hybrid died. :(  Luckily it didn't happen 5 minutes earlier when I was on the highway driving 55mph, but now it's stuck at the bottom of the driveway.  A tow truck is coming tomorrow to take it to the dealer where it looks like they'll have it for a few weeks because it's a huge part that broke.  And it's a well documented defective part.  So much that a class action lawsuit was filed in March against Toyota from a substantial number of Highlander owners.  If this part breaks after 100,000 miles, it's not covered and it's a $7,847 part PLUS labor! Thank goodness I only have 60,000 miles on it so I should be good. 

However, it means that tomorrow until I get it all worked out with the dealer, I don't have a car.  And I'm supposed to start my training with one huge bodybuilder who doesn't accept excuses...no matter how real they are. 

I guess I'll call the orthopedic surgeon in the morning and ask him about this crazy knee.  Luckily my dad is taking the Highlander to the dealer.  And I'll strap on my knee brace, pop some aleve and head to the gym at 5:15! Wish me luck everyone.  Actually...pray for me.  This isn't the way I wanted to start next week.  I wanted to be clear headed and ready for the physical punishment.  Instead I'm going to be worried about my knee and transportation. 

But I'll get through! Nothing is easy; if it was we'd all be wildly successful, thin and rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment