Thursday, June 9, 2011

Finally...

I got to see Dr. Rapley today who told me my knee is fine...well, relatively speaking.  I have no new damage. So that's good news! But why has it been hurting?  Because my IT band is super tight.  Okay.  I can deal with that.  I need some serious stretches and wouldn't you know it, Mr. Muscles can help.  So Dr. Rapley printed out some physical therapy orders that I gave to Mr. Muscles tonight. 

Monday night I walked the treadmill and it wasn't good to me.  Tuesday night I rode the bike and it felt great on my knee but sweet heavens it hurt my butt! So tonight I did the elliptical and did pretty well.  I think if I switch between the elliptical and the bike, I'll be golden. :)

As for what I did tonight, after 30 minutes of cardio, I did about 45 minutes of weights with Mr. Muscles.  Then another 30 minutes of cardio before Mr. Muscles and I sat down and for 20 minutes of stretches.  He told me that if I do them twice a day, he'll guarantee me that I'll feel better within a month.  And you know what?  I'm going to! I hate feeling like my knee holds me back and I don't want to use it as a crutch not to do something.  So hopefully when I wake up in the morning I'll remember what it is he showed me tonight. 

And I'm feeling much better today.  I'm not as down about the weight gain and the knee pain.  Dr. Rapley helped with the pain and my dear friends helped with the gain. 

I decided that maybe I'm not eating enough so today I decided to add up my calories.  Um...yeah...I'm starving myself. :(  No wonder I'm not losing any weight, my body is going into starvation mode.  Before 5pm today I'd had a total of 280 calories.  A body can not survive on that, certainly not mine.  Then for dinner I had a healthy salad (for the 4th night in a row).  So I added about 450 calories to my day's consumption for a grand total of 730 calories.  Not enough.  Especially because I burned close to that in my workout. 

So tomorrow I'll be eating a little more.  I'm not sure how I'm going to get more food in, but I'm going to try my hardest.  The good thing is I am having lunch with some great friends so eating out is always more calories.  And I think I'm going to add back in some protein shakes. 

What a difference a day makes, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment