Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The final chapter in the Knee saga...

Today the incredible Dr. Rapley gave me an injection in my "good knee".  I put good knee in quotes because it's the one that isn't horrible, but it has taken the brunt of my activity for over a year.  Both knees have had cortisone injections in the last few months and Synvisc injections in the last few weeks.  Unless something dramatic happens, they are as good as they're going to get!

As I was leaving Dr. Rapley's office today he shook my hand.  Come on...really?  After all I feel like we've been through together?  So I gave him a hug and the poor guy hugged me back but then let me know he's not much of a hugger.  Whoops! :) So, my apologies Dr. Rapley. 

As usual, I worked out tonight with Mr. Muscles.  Arms, abs and a mile on the treadmill.  Just as I'm feeling stronger, Mr. Muscles throws in a new arm exercise that just about does me in.  But that's why I'm paying him the big bucks!  I got home from my workout tonight and crashed.  Unless I eat immediately, I'm so exhausted I need a nap.  I'm not sure if that's good for me or not, but it probably has to do with the lack of food I'm eating.

I'm definitely struggling with food...eating enough to give me the energy to work out for two hours.  And not eating too much to make me sick.  I'm so afraid of throwing up that I'm not eating as much as I should.  Especially during the day while I'm at work.  I need to figure out a way to eat better and more often during the day.  Because a two hour workout on one container of yogurt and one cup of macaroni and cheese isn't working for me.  And thank goodness Mr. Muscles doesn't read this blog or he'd be super mad at me!  He wants me around 1,500 calories a day and I'm eating about 800-1,000. 

I'm not sure which is more important; to work on eating more or drinking more water.  I can't do both. I'm not hungry all the time and I can't drink all the time.  The more I eat, the less I can drink.  The more I drink, the less I can eat. 

But I guess I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing...learning how to live around this lap band. 

No comments:

Post a Comment