Monday, June 13, 2011

Maybe some peace...

By the end of this workout today, I was Sweaty with a capital S!  But it felt oh so good!

I had a realization today.  I can't focus on my weight.  I know...seems kinda bizzare since that's what this whole thing is about.  But I am getting so caught up in the pounds lost that if I don't see the right number, I get depressed.  And depressed Sarah isn't happy and makes bad decisions...new shoes, handbags, dessert.  So I'm not going to focus on the number.  Instead, I'm going to focus on eating well and working out hard core.  And the next time I weigh will be July 12th when I go for my first band fill. 

I work in a physicans office and about 15 steps outside of my office is a scale.  It's an overwhelming reminder of what I'm trying to do each day.  But not a good reminder.  A scale has never been my friend.  Even when I was losing weight it still wasn't my friend.  So I'm putting it out of my mind.  I'm going to turn right instead of left when I come out of my office and turn my back on the scale. 

Hopefully I'll have something amazing to report on July 12th.  But until then I'll be focusing on eating well and working out 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that changing your focus and goals is a great plan. I have a FB friend who has a weight loss goal of 215 lbs and he just started weight watchers. On week 3, he didn't lose very much weight so he decided to change his focus. His goal for the next week was not to lose weight but instead to sleep at least 7 hours each night and work out 5 days that week and also to try a new recipe. He lost 12 lbs. I recognize that that isn't the rate that you are trying to lose and he's a guy so don't compare the actual lbs. However I think that shows that sometimes it helps to focus on other things. Eating well and working out as much as you are are fabulous goals. Also trying to change your opinion of the scale is a difficult challenge so doing what you can to keep it out of sight is probably best. You don't need that type of negativity around. Keep focusing on making positive choices and you will do great!

    ReplyDelete