Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Now maybe some relief...

I went to see the orthopedic extraordinaire today...and now that he's read my blog, I'm only allowed to say good things about him.  Luckily, that's easy.  He's not only a really nice guy, but I think he's an incredibly good and caring doctor.  If he had a single brother who traveled 30% of the time, I'd want to marry him! HA!

Anyway, I went to see Dr. Rapley because after my workout last night, this darn knee got the best of me.  I even cried in public.  And I've never done that before.  So I was lucky enough to get an appointment this afternoon.  He drained some fluid off and gave me one of those miracle injections.  At least, I hope it's a miracle. 

I just sat in that exam room today and cried.  It's such a struggle.  I constantly feel like people hear me complain about my knee and think that I'm just using the "pain" as an excuse to not work out...to not lose weight.  But that's the total opposite.  It's not like I love to workout (even with Mr. Muscles), but I know it's the only way I'm going to lose weight.  So I want to do it.  And it makes me feel good when I do.  When Jillian and I trained for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 3 Day in 2006, we had a blast walking all over the city.  Sure, we were exhausted and sunburned for like 6 months, but we got to see so much of Kansas City.  I couldn't even do 1/10th of that now. 

So I'm taking tonight off and Wednesday's are my usual night off.  But Thursday I'll be back at the gym, working out again, hoping the injection works it's magic.  I have to give a major thank you to Dr. Rapley for listening to me cry, praying for me and caring about my health.  I like you, but I hope I don't have to see you for a while! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment