Friday, June 10, 2011

More Calories...

In my attempt to eat more calories, I had a small banana for breakfast (90 calories).  Then for lunch I had a side salad at a restaurant (150 plus dressing, about 300).  I had 3oz of beef burnt ends at 3pm (240 calories).  So I had 630 before my two hour workout tonight. 

My workout was good!  Again I did 30 minutes on the elliptical (1.62 miles) and then we worked lower body.  200 crunches and a bunch of leg exercises.  There was one that was pretty painful so I had Mr. Muscles put his hand on my knee while I was doing it and I think he understood.  I have so much bone on bone in this darn knee that I feel like there's so much I can't do.  But leave it to Mr. Muscles...he came up with different exercises for me to do.  :)  After 45 minutes of weights I got back on the elliptical for 30 more minutes (1.70 miles).  I did 10 minutes of stretches and finally left. 

It's a big transition, going from being sedintary during the week to hitting the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours each day.  I'm still getting used to it.  Tomorrow is another day at the gym and then I get Sunday off.  Yea!

After I left the gym I had a serious arguement in my head about what to eat.  I wanted to eat healthy because it just feels wrong to eat crap after all that work.  But healthy didn't sound nearly as good as Taco Bell or Sonic.  So I was trying to talk myself into another salad.  But in order to make a salad for dinner I needed to go to the grocery store and really didn't want to.  So I drove towards the grocery store, which is in the same direction as Taco Bell and Sonic. 

I was sitting at the stoplight to turn onto the street the grocery store is on, which is opposite of Taco Bell.  So I won that battle.  But the grocery store is directly across the street from Sonic.  I pulled into the grocery store, still thinking about chili cheese tater tots when I saw the very first parking spot was open at the store.  :)

So thank you God for opening up that parking space and showing me it was MUCH better for me to buy lettuce then get chili cheese tots.  I made a yummy salad and I'm guessing it was about 500 calories. 

1,130 is much better than the 700 I ended up with yesterday.  I'm hoping by eating more calories, it will help me lose some weight.  Mr. Muscles keeps telling me you can't burn calories without eating calories.  So I'm putting him to the test!

And now, although it's a Friday night, I'm going to bed at 9pm because I have to work out again tomorrow.  This new life is going to take some getting used to...

No comments:

Post a Comment