Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sarah vs the Treadmill...

Last night I got home, blogged about my workout and then had dinner.  Well...it took about an hour for my knee to share with me how it was feeling; and it wasn't nice.  Needless to say, I had to ice my knee and sleep with it propped up on pillows all night. 

So tonight at my workout I was a little nervous about the knee.  First, I spent a little time with Mike going over some nutrition information.  He has never worked with anyone who's had lap band surgery so as we were going over things he'd like me to eat, I had to remind him there are things I can't eat.  But he's very understanding and is learning along with me. 

He then offered up the treadmill.  I wasn't sure I could do it with how much my knee hurts...and I was right.  So I got on the bicycle instead.  I rode for 40 minutes, or 9.21 miles.  After that I worked with Angela, Mike's right hand woman.  We did arms, arms and more arms.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to raise my arms high enough to shampoo my hair!

But before that great workout, I was whining to my dear friends who allowed me to go on and on about the disappointment of my knee and my anger at my therapist.  Well, my former therapist.  I thought I had everything worked out before surgery.  Knowing that this journey is going to have some major ups and downs, I thought it was smart to build a realtionship with someone who would be there for me the entire time.  But three weeks ago he decided to eleminate his evening appointments.  Thanks Dr. Fellows. :(

And one month before surgery I had Dr. Rapley give me cortisone injections in each knee with the hope of the relief lasting a few months. 

But instead of having great knees and good mental health, I have knees that bring tears to my eyes when I'm walking up and down the stairs at home and no one to cry to about my frustration.  So I guess I'll just use this blog as my therapist.  The good news is that blogging is cheaper than therapy.  The bad news is you'll have to hear about my feelings all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment