Friday, June 24, 2011

Judgement...

I had an interesting thing happen at work yesterday.  I walked out to the lobby and there was a man in his 60's waiting for his appointment, a woman in her 60's waiting for her appointment and what I assume was the woman's pre-teen granddaughter.  I was speaking to one of my co-workers when I overheard the woman mention my weight and size to her granddaughter.  She was "whispering".  She told the girl that I was really big and although I didn't catch the entire next part of what she said, it was something to the effect of not letting herself (the granddaughter) get that way. 

I turned around and looked that woman right in the eye.  And she was clueless because then she started up a conversation with the man about losing weight! OMGoodness! I couldn't believe it.  I'm a big girl.  I know that.  And I'm sure that people talk about me behind my back.  But to be so blatant about it...I almost spoke up.  But I didn't because she was a patient and I can't be rude to a patient.  Even though she had NO issues being rude to me!

And then I thought about it and decided I don't really care what she thinks.  I am trying to fix my weight, but she can't fix her stupidity. 

Now I have to go to bed.  Mr. Muscles woke up this morning with one thought in his mind...torture Sarah...so that's what he did tonight.  And I have to see him again in less than 12 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment