Thursday, June 2, 2011

My day...

Today I had one more serving of that yummy tuna noodle casserole I made.  I really like it, but I'm kind of over it! So tonight for dinner I made a piece of salmon with some scrambled eggs and cheese.  It was interesting.  I thought maybe they would go together like salmon eggs benedict...but they didn't! So although it was a filling dinner, it was very odd.  I guess I won't be eating that together without some hollandaise sauce, wilted spinach and an english muffin...just like at Succotash!

I called the orthopedic doctor today and they are getting the ball rolling on my insurance authorization for a Synvisc knee injection.  According to Dr. Rapley, this will be my knee savior.  So hopefully I'll get a quick response from Coventry and I'll be able to do all those squats that are required to get a good tush! :) But for now, I joined Snap Fitness and will be doing some cardio there.  A little walking and maybe some elliptical machine work. 

And speaking of cardio; today I signed up for a 5k in Waikiki for my trip to Oahu in September!  Dr. Rapley doesn't think I'll ever be able to run on my knees, but maybe I'll be able to do a fast walk/slow jog! And even if I'm just able to walk it, I'll still get to have a nice 3.11 mile walk through the streets of Honolulu. 

Goals for tomorrow...get to the bookstore and pick up the Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies. 

1 comment:

  1. UGH!! IM SOOO JEALOUS!!! Running or walking either/or would be great, but the benefit of walking is that you get more time to enjoy the scenery!!! :) So jealous, but so happy for you!! Get those Knees workin'!!

    ReplyDelete