Thursday, June 23, 2011

First Fill...

I was nervous for nothing! My first fill was easy peasy! Tim the PA rubbed a little iodine on the spot to clean it and used a small needle.  He poked it right through, pushed a little and injected 2.5cc's of saline.  I have been doing a little research about the fills and how much saline people have in their bands and it literally is a personal preference. 

The first fill is pretty standard with 2.5 cc's.  My band can hold anywhere from 12-14 cc's.  But after that, it all depends on how fast I'm losing, how comfortable I am and how I'm tolerating food.  And as I lose weight, I'll need more saline in the band.  Tim explained it to me like this:  Imagine an inflated balloon with a belt around it.  As you let air out of the balloon, the belt slips and needs to be tightened.  Same thing with losing weight.  As I lose, I'll need the band tightened to stay in place. 

Immediately afterwards I could tell that I have some more restriction.  Tonight for dinner I had two scrambled eggs with some cheese and turkey and I could only eat one.  Yesterday I could have eaten both and then something else.  So that pleases me!

Especially because I was weighed today...and I gained 2.2 pounds in 4 weeks.  Double Damn.  Yes, as all of my friends have said, I've been lifting so many weights that I've definitely added some muscle weight.  But I eat 1/3 of what I ate before surgery so why am I not losing?  I asked Tim if that was normal and he said yes.  My body is just trying to adjust to everything.  And I lost so much right off the bat that after I started eating again, my body held onto what I fed it.  Blah Blah Blah...I just want to lose weight. 

So I went to the gym tonight and worked super hard with Mr. Muscles! Saturday morning when I have a little more time I'm going to get on the treadmill and see how my knee does.  And as long as I do okay, I'm going to take my bike out on Sunday for my first ride!  Sunday's are supposed to be my off days, but I have a goal in mind for Hawaii and in order to get there, I'm going to need a little more cardio.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment