Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend of exercise...

Friday morning I worked out with Mr. Muscles at 5am again! And this time I woke up at 3:58 to do it.  I ate a few bites of yogurt before my workout and I was proud of myself.  Unfortunately, Mr. Muscles wasn't. :(  It wasn't enough food.  It wasn't enough calories and I needed to eat after my cardio before weight training.  Darn It!

Friday afternoon I had about 3/4 cup of risotto for lunch with some chicken in it.  But then after work I went shopping and met up with some friends for a late movie.  I ended up shopping too long and didn't have time to get anything to eat for dinner.  The movie was over a little before midnight and on my drive home I was hungry.  But I didn't know what was better - to eat that late right before bed or not to eat.  So I chose not eating. 

Saturday morning I went to the gym and asked Mr. Muscles which was better.  And before I got my answer, I got another lecture! I think all he's done this week is scold me for not doing a good job. :(  And then he gave me his advice:  eat.  He said that late in the evening I should eat protein.  It will make my body work overnight and keep my metabolism up.  And then I told him why I asked...and how I'd barely eaten on Friday.  I should have just kept that to myself. 

So I made a conscious effort to eat on Saturday.  I had a protein drink after my workout.  I had a salad for lunch.  I had some delicious chicken for dinner.  Go me! :) And I walked alot outside.  I strolled along the Missouri river during the day and then walked around the Nelson Art Gallery in the evening. 

And then I just realized it's 5:50pm and all I've had to eat so far is a protein drink about 9am.  Darn It! I thought I was starting a new eating trend.  Tomorrow's a new day.  Tomorrow I will be more vigilant and eat better.  And I'm back to my workout schedule in the evenings.  Thank goodness - those mornings were brutal!

No comments:

Post a Comment