Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's hot...

It's hot outside, which means it's hot inside and therefore hot at the gym.  Tonight we switched up my workout and I lifted weights first.  Then I worked with Greg...who I think I'm going to nickname King Kong...on abs.  We did this ridiculous maneuver where I had my legs bent in front of me and he criss-crossed his legs over mine for stability.  I had an 8 pound ball in my arms and I twisted from side to side with the ball stretched out and then back with it over my head.  Then I had to lean backwards without letting my back touch the ground and come back up.  It worked my upper abs, my lower abs and my side abs.  It was a little out of control but kind of amazing!

By the time I was done with weights and abs, I was already crazy sweating and I hadn't done any cardio!  So I hopped on the treadmill and pounded out 2.5 miles before heading home for a nice salad. 

I weighed myself again today at work.  And the scale showed a loss again.  Thank goodness it's going down.  I was really worried at the beginning of the week.  But there was no reason for me to worry.  I just get in my head sometimes and forget there's alot more than just the number on the scale. 

Before my workout tonight I chatted with my friend in Chicago. I hadn't talked to him since before surgery so he asked how I was doing with my band and everything.  And I told him...I'm overwhelmed.  I never thought I would focus my whole life on food and exercise as much as I do now.  It is exhausting to constantly think about what I'm going to eat, what I'm currently eating and what comes next.  I definitely have moments where I question if this was the right decision and then I have moments that I'm just sure it was the right decision.  I'm guessing I'm not the only person who's had weight loss surgery with those kind of thoughts. 

Today is one of the days that I'm glad I had surgery.  I've lost 42 pounds, my clothes fit better, my favorite swimsuit is too big, and it got me back in the gym.  Things are good today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment