Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday recap...

Again I woke up at 4am to workout with Mr. Muscles at 5:00.  I was on the elliptical for 40 minutes this morning and then did some intense arms.  By the end of our workout I was having a hard time lifting the 10 pound weights at all...and I certainly couldn't get them high! Then after I was exhausted, sweating like a crazy woman and beet red, Mr. Muscles walked me over to the treadmill, put it on an incline of 12, a speed of 3.8 and told me 10 minutes.  Uh...I'm sorry, but it was like I about to fall off the darn thing the entire time!  I held on with dear life for those 10 minutes and I wanted to give up more than once, but then I thought of Extreme Makeover from last night.

A gal named Krista had a few hard years with a daughter who has serious medical needs.  As she coped, she ate and when she was cast on the show she weighed 445 pounds.  Chris Powell was amazing for her and although she had some major setbacks during her 365 days, she was super successful.  And at her 9 month weigh in and training session, she was working on her internal motivation and started running full speed.  She still weighed more than me...but she was running!  At a 7.1 on the treadmill!

So when I hit the 7 minute mark on the treadmill on that incline of 12, I just thought of Krista and her running and realized that if she could do it, I could finish 3 more minutes.  And I did.  Go me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment