Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Staple Free...

I was so nervous going to the doctor today to have all these staples pulled but I should have been worried about the tape, not the staples.  That tape HURT! OMG! The staples were nothing...I barely felt them. 

But now I'm staple free and feeling good! I asked the PA a few questions today about food and how I'm feeling.  He reassured me that my pains are normal and my questions good.  I was a little disappointed that my first post-op wasn't with the surgeon, instead with the PA, but since everything is fine, I didn't complain. 

My next few weeks are just adjusting to the band; adding in new foods as I go along each week and losing weight. 

And speaking of losing weight...I was pretty surprised how much I have lost since I had my first consultation.  From March 28 - May 25 I've lost 31 pounds! That's a little crazy for me to believe.  I mean, I feel less bloated, but I certainly don't feel like 31 pounds are gone.  Of course, I have barely had any food in the last week, and before that I did a long liquid diet.  But having that kind of number just proves this was the right decision for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment