Monday, May 16, 2011

Am I excited?

I am excited.  I am nervous.  But mostly, I'm ready.  I'm ready for this new chapter of my life to begin.  I'm ready for the changes.  I'm ready for the struggles.  But mostly I'm ready for the new clothes! :)  It is probably not what my doctor wants to hear, but I'm excited to shop in an entire new group of brands that are not availble to me currently! 

I read a weight loss blog last week where the writer said that his favorite store is Nordstrom so he's going to buy a $50 giftcard for every 10 pounds he loses.  I think that's a great idea! So much that I'm going to start doing that...although I'm not sure I want to be tied down to just one store.  So I think I'll just start a little mattress fund.  :)

Today was my pre-op appointment with Dr. Hoehn so I could sign my surgery consent.  I gave him a big chunk of money so there you go...in 34 hours from right now I'll be happily in la-la land while he's changing my life with one little silicone circle and 5 little puncture holes in my belly. 

I almost ended this post with "wish me luck everyone" but really, I don't need luck! I'm certain this is the right decision, I'm on the right path and everything happened in the right order.  So instead, I'll just end with saying that the next time I blog will be the beginning of The Real Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. My sister is getting ready for a similar surgery. Her's is scheduled for June 27th I was glad to hear that her Doctor was straight forward with her and told her that this is just a tool. If she did not use it properly it alone would not change her weight issues. That it was all about lifestyle changes to go along with the surgery, and plenty of counseling.

    ReplyDelete