Thursday, May 12, 2011

Rough Day...

Boy today was a rough day! I was hungry all day...but then again, I've only eaten two "meals" since last Wednesday.  And that hunger made me edgy.  I wasn't polite to a customer service rep on the phone and I was short with my co-workers.  But my co-workers are very understanding...at least I hope they are!

I called and chatted with the nutritionist today and she gave me some helpful information: I can have just a little bit of food every day.  3oz of lean meats, 1 cup of greens and 1/2 cup of vegetables.  The ultimate goal she said is to have no sugar.  I can handle that! I gave up ALL sugar for Lent this year! Woo-Hoo! I'm not going to go hog wild (pun intended) but it means that my little trip this weekend to Washington DC will be much easier knowing I have some food options. 

So I'm off tomorrow evening with my neice to meet up with my folks.  Wish me luck being strong enough to say no to all the temptations the city will offer me! 

1 comment:

  1. Just remember, when you go to a nice restaurant, even the healthy options on the menu are going to be delicious. So let that comfort you as you try to make good decisions this weekend. :) have FUn!

    ReplyDelete