Monday, May 23, 2011

If I'm being honest...

I'm hurting.  I tried to go back to work today and I made it 4 and a half hours before I wanted to cry.  Now that I'm home and tucked into my recliner, I guess I need to blog the truth...

This isn't easy.  I'm in pain from the staples.  Every time I move, they pull and hurt.  My stomach has pains every time I drink/eat something more than a clear liquid.  My breathing is labored each time I drink/eat something more than a clear liquid.  And it is super painful to sleep on my back, which is how I always sleep.  And I can't sleep on my side or stomach because of the staples. 

I wanted to be this tough gal who just sailed through this surgery without any complications, but I'm not.  And it's okay that I'm not. 

So I'm home in my recliner, where I guess I'll sleep for the next few weeks.  I'm not going to have any more protein drinks or yogurt for another week or so. I'm going to work each day, but leave before I feel like crying.  And I'm going to be okay knowing that I need more than 4 days of recovery after major surgery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment