Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Food...

Eating out sucks.  It's hard to find things on the menu that sound good, won't get stuck and are healthy. 

So in order to save myself from a lunch out tomorrow, I decided to cook tonight.  I haven't bought a weight loss cookbook so I just made something that has all the ingredients that I love and I know I can eat...tuna noodle casserole.  One box of mac and cheese, prepared without milk, only butter.  Two cans of tuna, one can of cream of mushroom soup and one can of peas.  Mix it all together, top with french fried onions and bake for 30 minutes at 350.  Normally this would make two, two and a half servings for me.  This time I separated it into 5 servings.  So it looks like this is what I'll be eating for the next few days.  And I'm okay with it.  Plus it will give me time to get a cookbook!

I just figured out the calories and fat grams for my casserole.  Each of my 5 servings is 340 calories and 12 grams of fat.  The calorie count seems fine, but the fat grams are a little high.  It's from the mac and cheese.  I guess I won't be eating this all the time!

Tomorrow I'm heading to the gym for the first time! It's been two weeks and it's time to start moving! I'm not sure how much moving I can do...it take calories for energy and I'm sure not taking in that many, but I'm excited for the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment