Friday, August 5, 2011

Week one...done!

It's Friday night and I just finished my first week of twoadays.  And it was great! Wednesday was my day off so Thursday morning was good.  I got on the elliptical and kicked a little butt! Then I did some arms and some legs with Mr. Muscles and finished up with some good abs with King Kong. 

I have decided to rename King Kong.  More on that later...

After my workout I came home and had a little yogurt and a few bites of banana.  Then at 1pm I had another fill in my LapBand.  I saw Dr. Hoehn yesterday instead of Tim, the PA who usually does the fills.  Dr. Hoehn was happy with my progress, he was impressed with my workouts and when I told him my weight goal for Hawaii, he was pretty sure I'll be able to hit it. :)  He gave me 1cc of saline, so I'm up to 3.5cc's.  For the rest of the day I was on liquids.  So Thursday night I wasn't the best on the treadmill.  I walked 2 miles, it took me 40 minutes and I was exhausted.  I couldn't finish an hour so I just came home.  It's hard to work out as intense as I do without any food.  

After 6 hours of sleep (not enough) I got up and went to the gym this morning.  Since I hadn't eaten since Wednesday night, I literally had no energy.  When my alarm went off at 4:03am, I begged for time to stop and let me sleep more.  I argued with myself for about 45 minutes and thankfully the good side won out.  I put on my workout clothes and headed to the gym a few minutes after 5.  I got on the bike for 30 minutes and rode 9 miles.  I drank some water and was sick to my stomach instantly.  Drinking lots of water makes me nauseous anyway, but this morning I was extra nauseous; I'm assuming from my band fill yesterday. 

Mr. Muscles had me do these hamstring things that were brutal.  Then I did some bicep curls and triceps things.  And I didn't finish.  I just couldn't.  I didn't have the ability to keep working out.  And Mr. Muscles wasn't happy.  So he moved me over to some circuit machines and I kept going.  But after I was done, he wanted to know what in the world was wrong with me.  I told him I hadn't eaten since Wednesday and he about blew his gasket!  But then I told him why and although he wasn't happy, at least he understood I wasn't withholding food for no reason. 

I finished my workout with him and King Kong came over to get me for abs but I told him no.  I had to go home.  I went home and napped for an hour and had a scrambled egg.  Luckily I didn't have any issues with the egg and I had some noodles and tuna at lunch and did fine with them too.  So the band fill so far hasn't affected my ability to eat. :)

Tonight I had way more energy and walked 3.1 miles on the treadmill in 55:30.  If I remember correctly, that's even faster than earlier in the week so...Go ME!!  Then I started abs with King Kong...or as I'm now referring to him...The Punisher!  Something is wrong with this man.  He brings me incredibly close to tears and smiles the entire time!  He loves it when he pushes me to failure!  But you know what?  I do too.  Ab pain/soreness is some of the best because then I know it's working. 

The Punisher and I did some crazy ab work tonight again.  I don't know where he comes up with this stuff, but I think it's working so I don't question him. :) 

I'm not working out tomorrow.  Instead I'm heading down to Joplin, MO for a day of volunteer work.  I'm sure I'll get in a full body workout with all the debris that is still all over.  Then hopefully Sunday I really will rest.  I'll need it for next week; week two of Twoadays!

No comments:

Post a Comment