Monday, August 29, 2011

Has it been over a week???

I can't believe it's been over a week since I've blogged!  I guess it's because I don't have that much to say. 

I had another fill.  Because of a new way of doing them, Tim the PA was able to put in quite a bit more than he normally would have.  So now I have 6 cc's of saline.  I feel a small difference and yet again I haven't had any issues with it.  So that's great.  I have "okay" restriction without complications.  I would like "good" restriction so hopefully next time I go I'll get that feeling. 

I am SOOO close to hitting 50 pounds that I can taste it.  I had a personal goal of 48.2 pounds that I hit last week.  That was a pretty awesome feeling for me.  I know I should share why the funky number, but not right now.  It's just a number that I couldn't wait to hit.  A number that is special to me.  Hopefully I'll hit 50 pounds this week.  I'm looking forward to it. 

As for my workouts, I've been going to the gym every day and training with Mr. Muscles.  I wake up between 4:02 and 4:22 (depending on if and how many times I hit the snooze button).  I get ready, wake myself up and head to the gym so I'm there by 5:00am.  I visit with Mr. Muscles for about 15 minutes and then we start training.  I've been doing upper body which includes arms, chest and back each day. I'm also doing a little leg workout a couple of times a week, but not much since the knee still hurts.  And we've added in abs every day.  Might as well, right?  I'm up to 500 weighted crunches and 300 reverses each morning.  I really am going to have abs of steel very soon! :) 

I'm going on vacation in less than two weeks and before I hurt my knee I had all these grand plans to be active on my trip.  Well, I've really rested my knee for the last two weeks and plan on doing the same before we leave.  So I'm still going to be active while in Hawaii.  We are going to do some hiking (Diamond Head and Makapu'u Point) and paddle boarding and lots of walking.  I'm just going to have to take lots of ibuprofen with me and my ice pack.  And maybe a few pain pills for night time. 

As for the complaining that I'm trying to stay away from, I think I'm doing a pretty good job.  Sure, I complain to Mr. Muscles each morning that he works me too hard, but I don't really mean it.  It's more of a friendly banter.  :) I appreciate all the hard work he does for me and all the hard work he puts me through.  I can't change my circumstances, only make the best of them.  So that's what I'm trying to do!

Today is Monday...hopefully by Friday I'll be able to blog that I've lost 50 pounds.  I'm really looking forward to putting that in writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment