Sunday, August 14, 2011

Not a tear...

I had an MRI on Thursday and found out that I didn't tear my ACL! YEA!  I'm so glad.  I really was having a major pity party for myself.  I did damage my knee, but hopefully it will heal on it's own.  But that means I'm off of it for the next 4 weeks.  Once the pain goes away I can do some bike and elliptical work, but no treadmill.  Which stinks.  It means that the 5k I was planning on doing on August 28th is out and the 5k I was planning on doing in Hawaii on September 17th is out as well. 

But if my body will heal the knee on it's own, it's worth it.  I'm not sure what will happen if it doesn't heal on it's own, but I'm not going to worry about that.  I'm going to follow his instructions and do no walking, no stairs, no leg presses and really baby my knee.  He told me not to take any anti-inflammatories because it can't stunt the bone growth.  But I can take some pain pills if I need them.  Which I'm trying not to take, but it really hurts. 

For now I'll be building up my upper body each day at the gym with Mr. Muscles and tightening my core and abs with The Punisher.  However, I am worried about my weight loss during this time that I have to stay off my knee.  I have always struggled losing weight, surgery or not.  And I don't know how I'll lose without the cardio workouts. 

But I just can't think about it.  I need to be happy that I don't need surgery.  I need to think positively about my healing and my weight loss.  And most importantly, I need to really focus on my food for the next month.  I need to eat well balanced, proper meals.  So this afternoon I'll be going to the grocery store and stocking up on good and healthy ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment