Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day two...

When my alarm went off this morning I was totally in a REM cycle so it was awful to wake up! I was freezing and in a such a deep sleep it took me a solid 5 minutes before I could even open my eyes.  I got ready and hit the gym 10 minutes before 5am.  I got on the bike and rode 9 miles.  It is hard to get my heart rate up to where Mr. Muscles wants it because my knee won't allow it.  And the seat hurts my butt. :) So I do it to make riding my own bike easier, but really the best thing to get and keep my heart rate up is the elliptical. 

After my cardio, Mr. Muscles and I did some good arm workouts.  Bicep curls, overhead shoulder presses, side lateral raises and upright rows.  After we were done with arms, he gathered all the ladies around and did some preaching!  He feels that it's his responsibility to not only work on our physical well being, but also our spiritual well being.  And I like it.  It's nice to know that God's on my side during this big transition.  At 6:30 quite a few people leave the gym so they can get to work by 8.  So then myself and another gal Alisha grabbed some weights and went outside.  Mr. Muscles had us lunge all the way across the parking lot and back! It took a good 15 minutes because it's a big lot.  The only saving grace was when we got to the other side, we ran through the sprinklers that were on! :)  It made it easier to lunge back towards the building with the cool water on my skin. 

Then I still had to do abs with King Kong.  I was finally done a few minutes after 7am...and I was exhausted!  I worked a full day and then went back to the gym for an hour on the treadmill.  I did 3.1 miles in 55:20, 40 seconds faster than on Saturday.  I'm really going to work on getting my time down for a 5k so on August 28th I can finish with a good time. 

After my workout was over, I drove out to the Gap in Blue Springs because with all this working out, I need more workout clothes.  As I passed by many fast food restaurants, I thought about getting something because I was hungry.  But the thought of eating something bad for me after the last 48 hours of hard core workouts...I couldn't stomach it.  I don't want to ruin what I'm working towards just for a cheeseburger.  So I didn't. :) Instead I got home and had a yummy salad. 

Tomorrow is my day off and I'm going to enjoy the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment