Thursday, October 13, 2011

Steroid shots...

Steroid shots feel good. :) Not when they are being done, but 24 hours afterwards.  Yesterday I saw the Orthopedic Extraordinaire for cortisone shots in both of my knees.  He said my bad one sounded a bit more crunchy but is impressed with my workouts.  And he said really, that's what I have to do.  Keep it moving.  So I will. 

And this morning I had such great range of motion in it!  Of course, that meant that Mr. Muscles wanted me to do some squats.  I swear he won't let it go.  I'm never going to do another squat again!  And he just LOVES it when I tell him no. :) But I didn't have any pain today.  Hopefully it lasts at least through the weekend or longer.  6 months ago when I got them on a Friday afternoon, by Monday morning I had pain again.  However, I flew to Austin that weekend so I had two major pressure changes in a short amount of time. 

Yesterday before I went to the doctor, I rode the bike at the gym.  And I ended up riding 20 miles.  I'm so impressed with myself!  I've been alternating the bike and the elliptical every morning.  I'm up to 5 miles on the elliptical in a morning; I work up quite a sweat! :)

This morning Mr. Muscles told me that he's putting me on a diet for 2 weeks.  Starting Saturday I will replace two of my five meals (yeah...like I actually eat that much!) with a protein shake made from 12 oz of liquid yogurt, 1 banana, 1 scoop of protein powder, 2 spoon fulls of a particular brand of peanut butter and crushed ice.  Sounds yummy, right?  He wants me to eat 5 meals a day, but I've never done it.  Maybe by drinking two of them I'll get in two other meals too.  Along with the shakes...no meat, only fish.  I guess the goal will be to get in high quality calories, clean out my digestive system and "tighten me up". 

My goal for it would be to kick start my weight loss again.  I'm building so much muscle that I'm struggling to lose weight.  I was talking to my friends about our hatred of the scale today.  Just because the numbers aren't going down doesn't mean I'm not getting healthier and more toned and in shape.  I wore a dress today that I bought last year but never wore because I didn't like the fit of it.  Today it fit perfectly!  So just because the scale is refusing to move, I feel better and look better.  And isn't that really what this is about?  I believe it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment